Lowman Baptist Church was founded in 1908 by the Rev. F. M. Knotts, an itinerant Baptist preacher. By 1909, the church had constructed its first building, on the hill in front of the present church building.
The next 35 years were a great struggle for the small church. Then, in 1944, Myland Amundson, a missionary with Baptist Mid-Missions became the pastor of the church. Under his leadership, the church grew and became a biblically solid, self-supporting work.
Lowman’s present facility was constructed in 1947-48. Pastor Amundson continued his ministry at Lowman until his retirement in 1979. During the years since, Lowman has been pastored by men who faithfully proclaimed God’s Word.